Friday, September 16, 2005

Gwyn and Maggie Perry

Going to try updating weekly from now on - we'll see how long it lasts.

Work
One of my clients wanted a finalised plan for a big plan coming along soon. It was frustating seeing some of the sites that I though would work being stripped out of the plan. Branding campaigns are always a worry as without effective measurement all we’re really doing is throwing money at a problem. We can come up with as many strategies as the client wants, but if we don’t measure the outcomes noone will ever know if our clever strategy works!
They finally accepted the plan, though objected to the amount of coverage that we’d achieved. This was despite the fact it was significantly more than what they’d briefed us to get in the first place.
Some people still expect to get unlimited amounts of stuff with very limited budgets. Rates have been coming down in recent months, but not enough to justify what they seem to expect.
I worked on two major proposals in the past week for another client. Both have been rejected - due to lack of money on their side. It’s particularly annoying as we know that the plans and proposals we are sending over will get them more money than they put in, but they’re still not willing to take a risk.
They also want me to attempt to negotiate an entire launch campaign by doing barter deals. In another country where they just laughed at me.

Flat
There’s been an annoying person staying over in the flat this week. Although I don’t object to letting people stay, especially if we’ve got a spare bed, I do object to people moping around in the living room. I always feel a bit guilty retiring to my room or doing stuff when they’re just sitting there looking bored.
Get a book! Rent a DVD! Meet friends!
Nick is still touring in Australia, so there weren’t any cool new tunes!
Life
Usual dramas with gf. Still don’t understand women. Why can’t they just have constant moods!
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’m going to visit my parents. Torquay is nice, but I do feel that I should be doing something wild rather than slightly pedestrian. I need to learn how to say no to my mother.
Didn’t see much of my friends this week. Mainly because of me buying this computer and feeling slightly poor. But also due to spending a bit too much time with gf...
Randomly, an old friend from School gave me a call last night as he was in town. Very short notice, but I hadn’t seen him or any of that gang for over a year, so I met up with him.
Shock horro but he’s gone and gotten married! Luckily to a very nice girl. It does seem that most of my Swansea friends are settling down. Worrying!

1 comment:

  1. Why do you need to say no to your mother?

    ReplyDelete